OverviewThis page will help assist you by offering some resources for both Mentors and Mentees.
"DiversityInc’s mission is to bring education and clarity to the business benefits of diversity. DiversityInc is the dominant “diversity” publication with more web traffic and social media reach than Black Enterprise, Working Mother, Hispanic Business, Diversity Executive, Diversity Journal and Diversity Woman." (taken from their About page)
The City of San José is happy to have them as a resource for webinars, articles, and other great material! Please sign-up here and start browsing today!
▶ What is the outcome or result?
▶ How is your goal achieved?
▶ Do you have the skills and resources?
▶ Is the goal important and possible?
▶ What are your milestones/checkpoints?
The following 3 templates may be used to help assist you with creating your SMART Goals. See which version best suits you!
- Shadow a key meeting with your mentor.
- Share a current work challenge.
- Attend a networking opportunity together.
- Review each other's résumés.
- Do a mock interview.
- Ask your mentor to train you on an area that they are experienced in.
- Visit each other's work site to understand each other's major functions.
You'll be able to download a PDF version of the PowerPoint that was shown at the Kickoff Event by clicking the image below:
We will post new articles submitted by YOU, the Mentors and Mentees!
- "5 Types of Mentors You Need In Your Life" (posted 10/2/18, submitted by Kim Daly)
- DiversityInc Updates (posted 2/1/19, submitted by Mollie McLeod)
- Feb. 5, 2019 | White Women Who are Intentional Allies to Women of Color | EYChris Crespo, Inclusiveness Director | Eversource Katherine Prewitt, President, Transmission White Women senior leaders discuss how they've been intentional allies to women of color and provide tangible examples. These women will also give advice on how other white women can effectively mentor, sponsor and support women of color.
- Feb. 12, 2019 | How to Respond to Microaggressions Specific to Race | Wells Fargo Race Peter Kouzmov -VP, Enterprise D&I Learning Leader
Get career advice on how to respond to microaggressions specific to race and turn tense moments into learning opportunities.
- Feb. 26, 2019 | Insights into Accountability for Diversity & Inclusion Management | Johnson & Johnson Executive – TBA
In every business function, people are held accountable for results and D&I management is no different. Learn how some of the best companies for D&I management hold leaders and stakeholders accountable for results and behaviors and thrive.
- Mar. 12, 2019 | Candid Advice on Mentoring Women of Color | Wells Fargo Diane Evans - SVP, Head of Enterprise Talent Planning
Get advice on how to develop effective mentoring relationships with women. This webinar will provide multiple viewpoints on this subject, such as women mentoring other women, men mentoring women and women being mentored.
- Mar. 26, 2019 | Best Practices on Pay Equity
If your company doesn't have initiatives in place to address pay equity, it is already behind. Hear from best in class companies on what they are doing.